- B.S.E.E., Louisiana Tech University, 1968
- M.S.E.E., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1969
- Eng. Sc. D., Operations Research, Columbia University, 1977
Areas of Professional Interest:
Currently have active research in networking for sensor-centric manufacturing, design of ad hoc networks for specific applications, performance evaluation of ad hoc networks and protocols, indoor propagation, quality of service for VoIP in ad hoc networks, protocol design for RFID tag systems, and cell-design for GSM/GPRS and CDMA wireless cellular data communication access systems, especially HDR.
- Visiting Researcher, University of Perugia, Italy, Summer 2002.
- Adjunct Professor of Electrical Engineering, George Washington University, Washington D. C., 1991-94.
- Associate Professor of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA, 1988-91.
- Associate Professor of Computer and Information Systems and Operations Research, William E. Simon Graduate School of Business Administration, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, 1984-88. Also, Area Coordinator for Computer and Information Systems, 1985-86.
- Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering, Clemson University, Clemson, SC, 1982-84. Also, Director of Computer Communications Systems Laboratory, 1983-84.
- Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, 1980-82.
- Visiting Scientist, IBM Research, Zurich, Switzerland, Summers 1999, 2000, and 2001.
- Principal Engineer (responsible for research direction), Networking Technical Center, The MITRE Corporation, 7525 Colshire Drive, McLean, VA, 1991-94. Working in broad areas of communication networking systems including wireless communications systems (point-to-point and cellular), gigabit networks, and their intersection.
- Consulting Analyst and Group Leader, Systems Analysis Group, NCR Corporation, West Columbia, SC, 1977-80. Led professionals in analysis and testing efforts related to design of communication processing systems and protocols.
- Member of Technical Staff, Data Communications Planning Center, Bell Telephone Laboratories, Holmdel, NJ, 1972-77. Systems planning, maintenance and operations for digital communication systems; analysis of packet switching systems.
- Officer, USAF Security Service, Head of Airborne Section of Systems Performance and Maintenance Evaluation Department, San Antonio, TX, 1970-72. Field testing and analysis of RF communication systems from HF through 11 Ghz systems; evaluation and redesign of test and evaluation methods.