The University of Mississippi, Department of Electrical Engineering:
- Mantle cloaking of cylindrical objects with conformal printed and slotted metasurfaces: analytical approach.
- Enhanced transmission with graphene-dielectric microstructure at low-terahertz.
- Enhanced transmission with stacked 2-D distributions of conducting patches.
- Homogenization models for mushroom-type high-impedance surfaces with loaded vias.
- Excitation of discrete and continuous spectrum with the surface conductivity model of graphene.
- Analysis of all angle negative refraction in wire media with deeply-subwavelength inclusions.
- Near-field enhancement with mushroom-type structures with impedance loadings.
- Generalized additional boundary conditions for mushroom-type and bed-of-nails-type wire media with application to wideband absorbers.
- Homogenization models for multilayer mushroom structures for the analysis of negative refraction with application to partial focusing lens.
- Analysis of total transmission in sub-wavelength multilayer partially-reflecting surfaces: analytical and circuit theory models.
- Analytical modeling of high-impedance surfaces with graphene patches as absorbing structures at microwaves.
- Plane-wave and surface-wave analytical modeling of printed high-impedance surfaces.
- Plane-wave and surface-wave analytical modeling of EBG structures and metamaterials, including mushroom-like surfaces, wire media slabs, and slabs with spherical inclusions.
- Modal interaction in homogenized metamaterials structures.
- Green's function analysis of high-impedance surfaces and homogenized metamaterials.
- Spectral analysis of metamaterial structures. Fundamental modal properties on metamaterial slab waveguides.
- Spectral analysis of Frequency Selective Surfaces with application to hard and soft surfaces and electromagnetic bandgap structures.
- Electromagnetic modeling of circular and rectangular hard surface waveguides: dyadic Green's function approach.
- Excitation and scattering in PEC circular waveguides and hard surface waveguides.
- Electromagnetic modeling of 3D high-frequency interconnection structures; full-wave analysis of waveguide-based aperture-coupled patch amplifier arrays and dielectric resonator arrays; Generalized Scattering Matrix of patch, slot, and DRA arrays in layered overmoded waveguides; integral equation methods, method of moments: spatial and quasi-optical power combining applications.
- Global modeling of spatial power combining amplifiers, including full-wave modeling of passive devices, field-circuit interaction of electromagnetic structures and amplifier circuits, simulation of coupling effects.
- Electric and magnetic dyadic Green's functions for layered open and closed guided-wave structures.
- Full-wave analysis of open and closed guided-wave structures; spectral-domain approach, method of moments.
- Modeling of microstrip and waveguide discontinuities: directional couplers, filters, resonant systems, multiport junctions.
- Mode leakage and coupling on integrated transmission line circuits; control and suppression of radiation effects.
- Coupled-mode theory and its connection with catastrophe and bifurcation theories.
- Leaky-mode analysis of transient fields in layered media due to electric and magnetic line and dipole sources.
North Carolina State University, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department:
- Electromagnetic field analysis of high-frequency interconnections for spatial power combining systems, MAFET Thrust III program, DARPA; Fortran codes.
- Electromagnetic field analysis of waveguide-based arbitrarily shaped interactive electric and magnetic layers: patch-to-slot, strip-to-slot transition modules and arrays for power combining structures; integral equation methods, method of moments.
- Integration of passive circuit elements and active (MMIC) devices in high-frequency antenna arrays using field-circuit modeling techniques.
- Modeling of slotted waveguides coupled to strip and microstrip lines with application to spatial power combining; electric and magnetic field integral equations, method of moments, Fortran codes.
- Generalized Scattering Matrix method for modeling coupled patch and slot antennas in layered waveguide.
- Acceleration techniques for computing slowly converging integrals and series.
- Microwave measurements using a HP8510C Network Analyzer.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department:
- Leaky-mode analysis of transient fields in layered media due to electric and magnetic sources (this analysis is used in geophysics for evaluation of the response of a layered elastic medium and oceanic wave guide to an explosive point source).
- Asymptotic evaluation of radiation integrals using the steepest descent method.
- Mode interaction mechanisms on open guided-wave structures in connection with bifurcation and catastrophe theories.
- Mode leakage and coupling on high-frequency integrated circuits in connection with the theory of universal unfoldings.
- Complex branch points in connection with the mode classification.
Ansoft Corporation, Pittsburgh, PA, Ansoft Corporation/Compact Software Division, Paterson, NJ:
- Passive device modeling and research for electromagnetic kernel in MAFET Project; numerical work using Explorer and Maxwell Strata CAD modeling tools.
- Full-wave electromagnetic formulation for arbitrarily shaped 3D open planar and vertical interconnections; mixed-potential integral equation method, method of moments.
Research for Ph.D., University of Wisconsin:
- Electromagnetic modeling of printed-circuit transmission lines; spectral-domain approach, method of moments.
- Mode leakage and coupling phenomena on layered open integrated waveguides in connection with bifurcation and catastrophe theories; Fortran codes.
- Control and suppression of leakage on printed transmission line circuits.
- Scattering matrix parameters of microstrip resonators, bends, and junctions; method of moments; Fortran codes.
- Excess capacitance of the finite ground strip-to-strip transition; boundary element method.
Research for Ph.D., Dnepropetrovsk State University and Institute of Radiophysics and Electronics, Ukraine:
- Full-wave analysis of shielded microstrip transmission lines with finite thickness strip conductors; method of overlapping regions, Galerkin method; Fortran, PL-1 codes.
- Analysis of wave interactions in shielded microstrip lines.
- Analytical and numerical simulation of microstrip junctions: T-, periscopic, and right-angle bends; method of overlapping regions, Galerkin method; Fortran, Basic codes.
- Mathematical and computer simulation of antenna arrays.
Research for M.S.E.E., Dnepropetrovsk State University, Ukraine:
- Calculation of propagation characteristics of a rectangular waveguide loaded with a ferrite section.
- Analysis of controlled circular polarizers.